WHY JEWISH CAMP? LET US SHOW YOU!
FIRST, WHY CAMP?
Your kids get the chance to explore who they are and who they want to become in a fun environment!
WHY JEWISH CAMP?
Because ruach (spirit) is a part of every activity. Campers can explore their connection to Judaism in a meaningful way while having the summer of their lives.
Camp promotes your child’s individual growth in an enriching Jewish environment.
- The immersive experience of overnight camp helps children think creatively, become more innovative and flexible, and listen and communicate more effectively.
- The impact of overnight Jewish camp is immediate and lasting.
- At camp, kids hang out with cool, Jewish role models. Staff members inspire confidence and independence, guiding your child to hone their skills, build self-esteem, and discover interests and talents.
- Studies show that children who go to Jewish camp are more likely to become adults who value their heritage, are engaged in their communities, support causes, and take on leadership roles throughout their lives.
- Camp activities emphasize independence, communication, problem solving, collaboration, and leadership—skills that are critical for success in our 21st century world.
- Jewish education at camp is fun, meaningful, and engaging. Camp learning is effective because campers don’t feel like they’re being taught.
- Songs and activities are often tied to intrinsic Jewish values like community, kindness, and an appreciation for giving back.
- Color war is more than just “red versus blue.” Teams may be based on Jewish historical leaders or places in Israel.
Attendance at Jewish overnight camp is a top indicator of future Jewish connection. Research from the Foundation for Jewish Camp validates that as adults, Jewish overnight summer campers are: [1, 2]
- 55% more likely to feel very emotionally attached to Israel
- 45% more likely to attend synagogue at least once a month
- 25% more likely to report that most or all of their close friends are Jewish
- 30% more likely to donate to a federation