The Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta believes that Jewish overnight summer camp and other immersive summer experiences deliver superior results toward the goal of encouraging our children to a life of Jewish Identity, engagement and leadership. There are two unique opportunities that may allow you to save money when you send your child to Jewish overnight camp. Please contact us to discuss your unique situation as you may be eligible for multiple opportunities.
Here’s How It Works:
- Check out the easy options below to apply for grants and scholarships.
- Campers must be registered for camp before applying for a grant or financial assistance.
- Campers may apply for a needs-based scholarship AND One Happy Camper
Incentive Grants for First Time Campers
One Happy Camper: The Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta and the Foundation for Jewish Camp are happy to sponsor the One Happy Camper grant for Jewish Campers who are attending non-profit Jewish overnight camp for the first time! First-time campers who are attending camp for 11-18 days can receive $700 and campers attending camp for 19 days+ can apply to receive $1000 off their first summer at camp. Grants are first come, first served and are NOT based on financial need. Jewish day school students are NOW eligible for One Happy Camper. Other summer experiences may apply; click here for a full list of approved programs. Please note that if your child attended camp in summer 2018 for 11-18 days and is planning to return to camp in summer 2019 for 19 days+ for the first time, they are still considered a second year camper.
Second-Year One Happy Camper: Atlanta campers who received a One Happy Camper grant during summer 2018 may be eligible to receive a Second-Year One Happy Camper incentive grant up to $500. To apply for the second-year grant, complete the One Happy Camper application which includes questions that will determine your eligibility for the second-year program. Please note that in order to be eligible, families must have received a first year grant for summer 2018 and have a combined household AGI of less than $160,000. The application form for One Happy Camper years one and two is the same. Apply now.
Needs-Based Financial Assistance
Needs-Based Scholarship: The Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta’s Camp Scholarship Program helps families in metro Atlanta with the cost of overnight camp tuition. Camp scholarships are based on financial need and are awarded by the Camp Scholarship Committee as a part of an anonymous review and allocation process. All applications and inquiries are confidential. The camp scholarship program is funded through the generosity of individual donors, grants from charitable foundations, and the Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta’s Annual Campaign.
The scholarship process for summer 2019 has changed. Scholarships will be accepted and considered on a rolling basis, only when complete. A complete application includes scholarship attained from other sources (camp, synagogue, friends and family, etc). On a rolling basis, families will apply and receive notification of their award within one to two months of their submission date.
|Complete Application Submitted:||Notified By:|
|December 3||January 4|
|January 15||February 15|
|February 28||March 29|
Scholarship Application Instructions:
- Fill out your Needs-Based Scholarship application
- Carefully read the Camp Scholarship Eligibility PDF
- *Deadline to apply: February 28, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
- The scholarship committee will only make an award if an application is complete. An application is considered when the online application is complete, financials are submitted, and scholarship information from other entities are complete.
- There is no limit to number of children in a family who can apply for a scholarship.
- Please submit your scholarship application with your most current tax return form. If you are unable to attach your tax return form, please contact Camp Coordinator.
- *Late applications will be accepted, but funding is NOT guaranteed.
- Once you start your online application, you will have the capacity to save and come back to the application for 30 days and then submit the form.
- All applications and inquiries are confidential.